Progressive. Queer. Feminist. Opinionated.

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Bush falls off bike again

Guess who fell off his bike again?

Yup, you guessed it.

Our hero fell off his bike for the third time today. I'm sure you remember the other incidents:

A year ago, Bush was cut and bruised when he sailed over the handlebars while riding a mountain bike at his Texas ranch.



In 2003, he tried out a Segway, the standup, motorized scooter at the family's seaside estate in Maine. It went down on his first attempt, but he stayed on his feet with a flying leap over the machine. Undeterred, he got on again and cruised around the driveway with his father.



(And I want it noted that we're not even talking about the pretzel incident). Anyway, so it's the third time today.

Bush suffered "mild to moderate" scrapes on his hands and arms that required bandages by the White House physician, said White House spokesman Scott McClellan. The accident occurred on asphalt, McClellan said. It was raining lightly at the time, and Bush was wearing helmet.


You gotta wonder if it was really raining. Remember the last time this happened, they claimed it was rain, but there hadn't been any rain in the area?

And know what makes this new incident particularly exciting? He collided with a police officer.

Police said the officer suffered a "very minor" ankle injury.


So that's good. He's harming not only himself, but others with these silly escapades.

You know, whenever my dad told me stories about Ford and his trips and falls, I would be sad because I would never get to see such a comedic president. Or so I thought. Oh, the joy that I can live to see these days...


Edit 12:24:
Aw, it was raining. That's sad. I had hoped it was like before.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home