Progressive. Queer. Feminist. Opinionated.

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Santorum's saying he won't run for president

Lately, I've been reading a lot of sites that thought Santorum was making a move towards presidency, but, to my great delight, I found this today:

Republican Sen. Rick Santorum (news, bio, voting record) said Monday he has no intention to seek the presidency in 2008....

"I have six children ages 4-14. And the idea of coming off a race of the intensity that I am engaged in at this point and turning around and running another two-year campaign for president is not something that I believe is in the best interest of my family," Santorum said in an online interview with The Washington Post. (link)


Can I have an AH-men?

This is a good thing. The man's off his rocker. For example, Crooks and Liars has a video (link) of Santorum on News Night on CNN. On this video, Santorum speaks against Griswold v. Connecticut.

Here's the facts of the case, pasted from the above link, for those who don't know:

Griswold was the Executive Director of the Planned Parenthood League of Connecticut. Both she and the Medical Director for the League gave information, instruction, and other medical advice to married couples concerning birth control. Griswold and her colleague were convicted under a Connecticut law which criminalized the provision of counselling, and other medical treatment, to married persons for purposes of preventing conception.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home