Progressive. Queer. Feminist. Opinionated.

Monday, August 08, 2005

Bob Novak

At last I have returned!

I'm sure you all saw my protest escapades...

That is such a terrible picture of me too...

Anyhow:

Bob Novak and "Bullshit"

An Essay By Ion

Bob Novak said a naughty word on television. I don't really mind that it was a naughty word. As an unashamed South Park watcher, I have to say that potty mouths do in fact have a rightful place on television (read: Comedy Central). Right-wingers do, however, seem to have a certain twist in their knickers about foul language. (I can't seem to dredge up any really fun links about it, but I trust you faithful readers don't need convincing.) (If you do, comment and I'll devote more time to hunting.) (Baba-booey!Baba-booey!Howard Stern's Penis!Baba-Booey!) This is in spite of the fact that Dick "The Dick" Cheney dropped the f-bomb onto the Senate floor a week before Theresa Heinz Kerry got Media-Firebombed for "Shove it." Let's not even get into Bush's itchy middle finger... Okay so it might be a thumbs up... But this one isn't.

Anyway, I speculated immediately after seeing Bob "Bullshit" his way offscreen that he was trying to dodge questions on the Plame Affair, especially since he seems to be shaping up into quite the Sacrificial Lamb for the Bush Administration (Read: Dick "The Dick" Cheney). Well, Dara Purvis, of Rawstory Editorial Contributor fame seems to agree:

The real reason for Novak’s meltdown has been offered by Ed Henry, and the many others who have noted that he had been planning to ask Novak about his role in the exposure of Valerie Plame as a covert CIA operative. This illegal “outing” came after Plame’s husband, Ambassador Joseph Wilson, wrote a New York Times editorial critical of George W. Bush. Henry speculated that Novak did not want to talk about the debacle, so stormed off the set to avoid doing so.(read on)


AHA!

Purvis obviously has better resources than I do (read: Google) as well. She goes into greater detail in her column.

So, for some fun, check out the original BS video as well as a fun remix.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home