Progressive. Queer. Feminist. Opinionated.

Sunday, August 07, 2005

From Ohio

Blogging in from Ohio.

It's strange residing in two places as different as Philadelphia and a small canal town in Ohio. As I drove across PA with my parents last night, stopping at various gas stations along the way, I could feel a change happening around me. The people started to look very different from my Philadelpha neighbors, and I soon saw American flags on every empty suface, including the clothing of people. I have to physically stop myself from lowering my voice when using the word "queer" in a conversation with my mother. I've also noticed a startling difference in newspapers. The Philadelphia Inquirer has nothing in common with my local newspaper, especially when one considers the opinion section.


A little amusement for now: check out this site if you want some smiles over this Intelligent Design/Evolution debate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home