Progressive. Queer. Feminist. Opinionated.

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

It's my party and I'll cry if I want to...

Ha ha! Another excellent outing.

Ex-teen queen Lesley Gore says she's a lesbian:

Former '60s teen queen Lesley Gore has declared that she's a lesbian. The singer, best remembered for such tunes as It's My Party and You Don't Own Me, tells Web site AfterEllen.com that she's been with a female partner for 23 years.

Gore says she didn't try to conceal her sexuality during her heyday.

"I just kind of lived my life naturally and did what I wanted to do," she says. "I didn't avoid anything; I didn't put it in anybody's face. Times were very different then, so, you know, I just tried to live as normally as humanly possible. But as truthfully as humanly possible."


How thrilling! I really like what she said. She sounds like an excellent person.

1 Comments:

Blogger texasshiva said...

She also has a new album out...Ever Since.

1:51 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home