Progressive. Queer. Feminist. Opinionated.

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

O'Reilly leads to Franken

I really should get over my interest in these hate mongers, but it's so. much. fun. to chuckle over the antics of characters like Santorum and O'Reilly. Really, I have two choices: I could get angry and let that make my day miserable, or I could laugh. I chose the laughter.

From News Hounds:

Bill O'Reilly thinks he has a lot of scores to settle in this corrupt world and tonight the NYT felt his searing anger supposedly for writing a negative article about Ed Klein, author of The Truth About Hillary. According to Bill, the New York Times will attack anyone who goes after Hillary Clinton. Klein's book is a pretty old story since the book has been out for awhile and everyone has written negative articles about him already so what was O'Reilly really so mad about? The answer is Al Franken. (Read on...)


O'Reilly started complaining about the negative press for Ed Klein's book, which is a disgusting piece of junk from what I've heard. (It's of interest to us at Dyke Squad because Klein's book is a piece that uses lesbianism to discredit a person. Oh, the rants I could go on....)

I wanted to mention this latest from O'Reilly because I have a confession to make: I'm madly, passionately, and platonically (yeah, how's that logic for ya?) in love with Al Franken. I cannot recommend his book Lies and the Lying Liars Who Tell Them: A Fair and Balanced Look at the Right enough. The book is well written and engaging, and, quite frankly, you can feel Franken's urgency in every word. He feels there is great injustice in this current administration, and his desire to change things makes the words buzz.

I was fortunate enough to find a copy of the audio book at a local library, and I was able to listen to Mr. Franken read his book. I recommend both experiences: read the book for yourself and listen to Mr. Franken, if you are able.

There are books and authors that exist to get you charged up. These books and authors make you want to change things, make you want to march in the streets, and make you want to do more for a country and society that need reclaiming. Molly Ivins is one of these authors and Adrienne Rich, the poet, is another. And Al Franken is also one of these authors. Please read Lies and the Lying Liars Who Tell Them the first chance you get.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home