Progressive. Queer. Feminist. Opinionated.

Sunday, September 04, 2005

Animal rescues

Reading the news about Katrina and the government's slow response had become a depressing hourly practice for me (and I'm sure for many of you as well). So here's something to help us remember that there's still good in the world.


Go to the National Geographic page to see more pictures. I really liked this one because the young man is saving his cats. (And God knows I'm an animal lover). The cats seem to be handling it well, considering the circumstances. I like the left cat's expression: "Whoa, now what the HELL is this?" (...he seemed to say)

There's also a picture of a man lifting a dog into his boat while he rescues stranded people.

Remember, you can help animals through the Humane Society (they're good people - my mom used to volunteer for them) or Noah's Wish.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home