Progressive. Queer. Feminist. Opinionated.

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Coburn's rampant lesbians

I feel like such a bad person! I forgot that Tom Coburn is also the one who said this:

You know, Josh Burkeen is our rep down here in the southeast area. He lives in Colgate and travels out of Atoka. He was telling me lesbianism is so rampant in some of the schools in southeast Oklahoma that they'll only let one girl go to the bathroom. Now think about it. Think about that issue. How is it that that's happened to us?"

Tom Coburn, 8/31/04 [link]


How could I forget about this quote?! It's one of my favorites from right-wing hate-spewers. Also, Louis Black made some really funny commentary about Coburn on The Daily Show. He quoted Coburn and went on to say, "...think about that issue. Think about the issue of rampant high school lesbianism? ...OKAY! Mmmmm!" And the look on his face... Well, it was pretty damn funny. (Uh, I feel it's important to point out here that I don't think point of lesbianism is to get straight men off. Black's a comedian, and I recognize that).

So, yes, I had to apologize. How could I forget my favorite Coburn quote?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home