Progressive. Queer. Feminist. Opinionated.

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Beth Stroud's upcoming trial

Can you tell it's a busy school year by my slowness in posting? I'm hardly complaining, but, my, senior year is busy.

While I'm on the topic of my college, Rev. Beth Stroud's trial is coming up.

The highest legal body in the United Methodist Church on Thursday will consider whether to permanently remove a Philadelphia area pastor from the clergy for being in a lesbian relationship.

The United Methodist Church accepts gay and lesbian ministers as long as they are celibate. But when the Rev. Beth Stroud publicly announced her sexuality to her congregation two years ago and said that she was in a long-term relationship her bishop said he was forced to start the defrocking process.


I had the opportunity to hear Rev. Stroud speak last year, and I can only wish her the best of luck. She's one of those people who really is right and at home in front of the pulpit, so I hope things turn out well for her in this trial.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home