Progressive. Queer. Feminist. Opinionated.

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

O'Reilly expresses his great knowledge to Clark

Watch Bill O'Reilly try to lecture General Wesley Clark about war. It's fun. And by "fun," I mean "makes your blood pressure go up."

O'Reilly thinks that it's only a theory that not enforcing the Geneva Conventions puts American soldiers in danger.

I'm trying to figure out what exactly about O'Reilly pisses me off so much. There are plenty of other pundits out there who speak irresponsibly and sprout useless rhetoric. Yet O'Reilly's the one I post about here every week or so. I think it's that he's so respected - I think it's that people who like him claim he's "fair." If he were up there like Limbaugh and Hannity, yapping his mouth about conservative talking points, then I'd probably roll my eyes and ignore him. Call a Republican a Republican, for goodness sake.

But the fact that he calls himself as fair - over and over and over again - is what bothers me. And people buy it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home