Progressive. Queer. Feminist. Opinionated.

Sunday, November 20, 2005

Apparently now we're patriotic again

BlondeSense pointed out this recent line from President Bush:

"I heard somebody say, `Well, maybe so-and-so is not patriotic because they disagree with my position.' I totally reject that thought," Bush said.

"This is not an issue of who's patriotic and who's not patriotic," he said. "It's an issue of an honest, open debate about the way forward in Iraq." [link]


Say what now? Okay, we know you don't believe that! At least try to be creative in your lies.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Johnicholas said...

SARCASM ON
I heard somebody say, "Well, maybe Howard Dean is not patriotic because he disagrees with Bush." I banish that very thought from my mind every day. (It would take a saint not to think ill of my enemies, but I do it. I do it for my people.)

This is not an issue of who's patriotic and who's not patriotic. (That's already been settled, and we know who is which.) It's just that we're required have an honest, open debate before going forward with what I wanted to do.
SARCASM OFF

11:58 AM

 
Blogger sappho said...

Just discovered your blog ladies! So nice to see lik-minded bloggers out there! Keep up the great work! Check out mine: The Sappho Manifesto @sapphomanifesto.blogspot.com
Blog on sisters!!

8:53 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home