Progressive. Queer. Feminist. Opinionated.

Thursday, November 17, 2005

You know it's bad when...

Apparrently Mexicans have no trouble teaching evolution. Now, I'm not down on Mexico. I'm just pointing out that this entire set societal conceptions about Mexico and the quality of its education is a little...well...with the throwing of stones and the amorphous silicon dioxide houses.


In yet another sign that Mexico's educators and students embrace Darwinism, my associates and I are often invited to speak in public and private schools, including those run by Catholic nuns and priests, to talk about the origin and evolution of life. The list of venues includes a conference at the oldest Mexican Catholic seminary. Many of the students and professors at the seminary may have seen evolution as the unfolding of a divine plan, but they also saw no doctrinal conflict between their own personal faith and Darwin's scientific ideas. They even found hilarious the idea of teaching creationism based on biblical literalism. Read on.


What the hell is wrong with us?

1 Comments:

Blogger Puma said...

Oh God, I wish I knew...

2:53 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home