Progressive. Queer. Feminist. Opinionated.

Thursday, December 22, 2005

Liberals in Guantanamo

In her Dec. 21 column, Wacky McCrazums (also known as Ann Coulter) announced:

I have difficulty ginning up much interest in this story [the spying story] inasmuch as I think the government should be spying on all Arabs, engaging in torture as a televised spectator sport, dropping daisy cutters wantonly throughout the Middle East and sending liberals to Guantanamo. [link]


More from Media Matters here.

Am I allowing myself to become desensitized to this sort of thing? Because I read things like this and I can only roll my eyes and sigh, "Oh, that's so typically Coulter." I suppose this could mark an increase in maturity - after all, why should I allow my blood pressue to increase because these people? It's probably better to notice the incident, remember it, and move on, without giving any more energy to them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home