Progressive. Queer. Feminist. Opinionated.

Monday, December 26, 2005

Lithuania and Ireland

Lithuania might ban and Ireland might allow.

I like to watch the countries fall down on either side of the debate - which will ban and which won't? I feel really grateful as I watch more and more countries decide to allow unions or marraige. Just look at England!

Maybe it's too much to hope, but I keep thinking that if Americans see that __ and __ and __ have allowed civil unions and/or gay marriage and NOT fallen to pieces then they'll see that gay rights won't destroy America.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Sashi F. said...

Right on. My step-sister told me that Elton John was married recently, and sarcastically remarked to my homophobic father how nice it was for him to keep his status as knight despite it.

12:26 AM

 
Blogger Harper said...

Ha ha! I like that!

7:20 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home