Progressive. Queer. Feminist. Opinionated.

Monday, December 05, 2005

Sueing for anti-discrimination

I like to think that I try to look at both sides of the story, but sometimes that's really hard.

A conservative Christian law practice that already is suing several universities over gay rights regulations has filed suit against San Diego State and Cal State Long Beach claiming Christian students are being discriminated against.

The schools have refused recognition to campus groups which bar membership to gays and lesbians.

In a suit filed in federal court in San Diego the Alliance Defense Fund says the policies violate Christian students' constitutional right to free association.


Do you ever find yourself in a moment where you can't take a step back and say, "Well, let's look at it this way?" I'm finding myself in a lot of those moments now. I'm tired of allowing hatred and blatant stupidity be explained away by "thinking about their perspective."

These people have the world. And as awful as this sounds, I just wish they'd be quiet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home