Progressive. Queer. Feminist. Opinionated.

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Sen. Clinton says Republicans use fear ... and the Pope is Catholic

Paging Sen. Obvious ....

Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton on Wednesday accused Republicans of "playing the fear card" of terrorism to win elections and said Democrats cannot keep quiet if they want to win in November. [link]


Ah, but I jest. I'm glad she's saying it; when that woman says something, people listen.

I often feel like I missed the boat on the Hillary Rodham Clinton Love Fest. Many young democrats adore her, but I was too young to appreciate her when she was the First Lady. (Am I showing my age, I ask with a coy smile). Also, my feelings for her were highly influenced by my parents back then, and lemme tell ya: Republicans do not like the woman. But this means I never got to form my own opinions about her, and of course it's not too late, but while I've reconciled myself with democrats like, say, Al Franken and Bill Clinton, I just never got around to Hillary for some reason.

I think I should fix that at some point, preferably before the 2008 election.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home