Progressive. Queer. Feminist. Opinionated.

Monday, April 10, 2006

Book review post review <-- got that?

For the past few months, whenever I enter a book store and wander around the political section, I end up sneaking looks at this book, Women Who Make the World Worse: and How Their Radical Feminist Assault Is Ruining Our Schools, Families, Military, and Sports. It's really upsetting - for obvious reasons - and I always have to put it down before my blood pressure gets too high.

Tonight, I was looking through blogs, and I found this wonderful book review on Crushed by Inertia.

The post is called Dirty Hippies and Ugly Feminist Dykes, and I really recommend reading that. Okay, it's not a New York Book Review, but it's so damn funny.

For example:

And, people, that's just what's odd and offensive about the cover. Check out some of these excerpts, compliments of Daily Kos:

I have long thought that if high-school boys had invited homely girls to the prom we might have been spared the feminist movement. We live with the destructive feminist agenda because the fathers or husbands of so many of them, including Betty Friedan, Gloria Steinem, Germaine Greer, and Jane Fonda, never failed to fail them. The views of these angry, abandoned women inform the modern women's movement.


I don't know...It's not really fair to use someone's personal, family background against them in an argument in this way. Like, "you're only saying that because your daddy ran out on your family. If you had a nicer dad, you wouldn't care about equal treatment."

I mean, Kate O'Beirne only wrote this book because she's a fucking moron who has no idea what she's talking about, but I try not to use that against her.


And? By the end of the post, there's a Monty Python and Jessica Alba reference.

So go read!

2 Comments:

Blogger Lons said...

Thank you much for the link. Any uptick in traffic at my blog is entirely welcome, I assure you.

The more I think about this, the more I think that progressives need to just start making up crazy stuff about Republicans and then discussing them as if they are established facts. So please keep a look out for my upcoming blog posts, "When Will the Right Speak Out About Bill Frist's Appalling Bestiality?" and "Bottoms Up: The Truth About Rush Limbaugh, Republicans and Rimjobs."

3:42 AM

 
Blogger Winter said...

Thanks for the link. It made my tea come shooting out of my nose. Fortunately I managed to rescue my keyboard in time.

10:43 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home