Progressive. Queer. Feminist. Opinionated.

Monday, May 01, 2006

Holy gay super heroes, Batman!

And just when I thought I couldn't like George Clooney any more than I already did.

Gotham City superhero, Batman, is gay, according to Hollywood superstar George Clooney.

The actor who was being interviewed on an American Oscar show, replied to host Barbara Walters’ who asked if he would ever play a gay cowboy. Mr Clooney said he believed he had already played a gay character, "I was in a rubber suit and I had rubber nipples. I could have played Batman straight, but I made him gay." [link]


Well done, George. Well done.

(Note: this link is a little old).

2 Comments:

Blogger Lons said...

I don't know if anyone possibly could have played Batman straight in George's "Batman" movie. "Brokeback Mountain" has nothing on Joel Schumacher's "Batman on Ice!"

5:06 AM

 
Anonymous Kimi said...

Oh, yeah, Joel Schumacher's Batman movies were TOTALLY gay. And, Batman was probably the first superhero to even be considered in a gay context. Granted, it was a negative association (the b.s. in the 1950's when Frederick Wortham claimed comics would create a generation of juvenile delinquents...and Batman and Robin would make all those juvies gay, too.)
Nonetheless, nowadays it's more of a chortle than anything else.
(Dude, in the third movie there was NO reason for Batman to "adopt" Dick Grayson -- that guy looked about 20 years old!)

Kimi BMC '90

1:11 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home