Progressive. Queer. Feminist. Opinionated.

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Recommended reading

Mmm ... I do appreciate me some delicious sarcasm.

For this reason, Understanding Hypocrisy: A Primer for Wingnuts delighted me. The post begins:

It’s becoming obvious quite rapidly that the right side of the divide is having some serious issues understanding the concept of Hypocrisy, and today I’d like to post a quick and dirty remedial course on what hypocrisy is, how to spot it, and when it’s appropriate to call someone else a hypocrite.

First of all, what is hypocrisy? It’s really quite simple. Hypocrisy is when you claim one thing and do the opposite. Now I know that’s a rather complex process for a lot of people, so I’ve broken it down into steps.

To achieve hypocrisy, you must:

1. Claim one thing
2. Do the opposite.


Go, read and enjoy. And while you're at it, read Pam's post about Mary Cheney.

Pandagon, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways....

And while I'm recommending, consider Shakespeare's Sister's latest post about the DNC's recent gay-shiftiness. (Yeah, I don't know how else to word it). I think this goes along with the earlier post I recommended about hypocrisy. Anyway, I'm was a huge supporter of Dean, but he's doing some pretty upsetting things right now, so I'm concerned. Read the post to find out more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home