Progressive. Queer. Feminist. Opinionated.

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Hayes and Missouri

I feel bad being so trivial after the seriousness of the last post, but can I take a moment and say, "HA! I so totally KNEW it!"

I am referring to, of course, Darren Hayes's civil partnership ceremony with his boyfriend of two years.

Hayes said he feels lucky to live in an era that recognizes gay marriage. "I'm proud of who I am, and after what felt like an eternity, I'm finally in a place where my heart is secure and content. And I can finally make sense of all of the searching."

He told fans not to expect updates because he still believes "that families and relationships are not commodities to be sold off for public consumption." [source]


Hayes is, of course, one half of that dynamic duo Savage Garden.

I may have been in middle school when these guys were big (oh, dear, I just gave away my age!), but my gaydar was working just fine, thank you very much.

Of course, I should also say that I applaud his decision to announce this, and I'm very glad he and his husband are happy. I guess their marriage isn't just about me, huh?




And for a more serious update: well done, Missouri!

Missouri lifts restrictions on gay foster parents.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home